Origami Gift Cards Kit: Beautiful Papers and Folding Instructions for Over 20 Hand-folded Note Cards and Envelopes
Author(s): Michael G. LaFosse; Richard L. Alexander
In today's digital world of emails and texting, only one thing is more exciting than receiving a handwritten message--receiving that message in a beautiful, hand-folded origami package! World-renowned origami artists Michael G. LaFosse and Richard L. Alexander make it easy to create elegant, hand-crafted notes, envelopes and cards. Readers can use these to accompany a gift, commemorate a holiday or birthday, or just deliver a heartfelt message.
This origami kit includes everything folders need to get started: A full-color book with instructions for six sophisticated note folds and six inventive envelopes folds--plus 32 sheets of origami paper in 12 lovely, Asian-inspired patterns.
Friends and family will be thrilled to receive hand-folded origami notes and envelopes in designs such as:
- The handsomely framed "Ship Mates Pillow Envelope," with its incorporated two-piece note
- The cleverly collapsed "Twist Note," a tessellated form that's as fun to fold as it is to receive
- The "Sailboat Envelope," with its attractive nautical motif that doubles as a locking buckle
- A "Flapping Bird Envelope" that sports the classic crane form with actual flapping wings
- And many other origami notes and envelopes!
This origami kit includes:
- An origami book with step-by-step instructions
- 12 enjoyable origami note & envelope projects
- 32 sheets of double-sided, patterned origami paper
Michael G. LaFosse has been an origami artist for decades, and is considered a leading authority and master of the art. An avid teacher, LaFosse co-founded the Origamido Studio, a learning center and design studio dedicated to the art of origami, and the only place in the world specializing in hand papermaking for the origami artist. Origamido also produces folded art and commercial designs for a variety of international clients. LaFosse co-curated Origami Now!, a wildly popular, year-long exhibition at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts. Richard L. Alexander co-founded the Origamido Studio with Michael G. LaFosse in 1996. He has been the chief papermaker, holding workshops since 2003, and is a frequent collaborator with other famous paper artists. He holds a degree from Cornell University in biology (systems ecology), where he also studied landscape architecture and design. He has consulted with apparel, container, toy and consumer product designers to incorporate folding theory into familiar daily use objects. Together, Alexander and LaFosse have created dozens of origami exhibitions, and over 75 books, kits and videos about paper and paper arts.
- : 9780804849487
- : Tuttle Publishing
- : Tuttle Publishing
- : Contains 1 Paperback and 1 Kit
- : March 2018
- : 235mm X 191mm
- : United States
- : April 2018
- : books
- : Michael G. LaFosse; Richard L. Alexander
- : Kit
- : 418
- : English
- : 12 projects; 32-page instruction book and 32 uncoated 6.75 x 6.75" folding sheets in a 7 1-2 x 9 1-4" box