Writing Character - A Book of Writing Prompts
A fill-in book from the San Francisco Writers' Grotto, authors of the best-selling 642 Things series.
Focus on a single aspect of the craft of writing with help from the San Francisco Writers' Grotto. Writing Character begins with an essay by author and educator Constance Hale, who offer pointers for observing and capturing human complexity. The rest of the book consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities for you to develop your own characters. Among other ideas, you'll be asked to create:
- a sketch of a famous person you admire
- a portrait of someone based on the items on his desk
- a positive take on someone you loathe
- a description of your mother's emotions as they are expressed by her eyes
- a scene involving a group of people, focusing exclusively on how they use their hands
Perfectly sized to take to a café, on vacation, or on your morning commute, this book is designed for practicing your creative writing a little bit at a time.
- Paperback with textured cover stock, flaps, and a lay-flat binding
- Advice from a published writer, followed by fill-in prompts and space to write
- Part of a collection of single-subject writing prompt books by the San Francisco Writers' Grotto
- : 9781419738326
- : Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
- : Abrams Noterie
- : 0.226796
- : September 2019
- : ---length:- '20.3'width:- '13.3'units:- Centimeters
- : books
- : San Francisco San Francisco Writers' Grotto; Constance Hale (Foreword by)
- : Other printed item
- : English
- : 96